Chemicals are all around us. The following represents only a partial list of chemicals and their sources:
● Acetones - nail polish remover, paint thinners and removers, etc.
● Chlorine - drinking water, swimming pools
● Dry cleaning chemicals - dry cleaned clothing
● Food colors - packaged foods
● Formaldehyde - new building materials, carpets, fabrics, wood products, etc.
● Fragrances - perfumes, cleaning products, air fresheners
● Heavy chemicals - tampons, feminine pads, fragrances, cosmetics
● Hydrocarbons - exhausts
● Pesticides - herbicides, fungicides, bug killers, etc.
● Petroleum solvents - (isopropyl alcohol) skin care, laundry and housecleaning detergents
● Plastics = food and water packaging materials
● Preservatives - packaged foods